Amazon

Monday, July 11, 2011

Alu Baingan (Potato Brinjal / Eggplant)

   One day I was getting late for preparing lunch. I was planning to cook stuffed Baingan which is a little time consuming. I got a call from my friend Rashmi. While talking to her I mentioned I was getting late to prepare my afternoon lunch. Rashmi then told me about this quick and easy recipe of Alu Baingan. Here is the recipe and the photos that I took that afternoon. Thanks Rashmi for sharing this Alu Baingan recipe.
 Ingredients -
    • Brinjal/Eggplant
    • Potato
    • Chopped Onion
    • Amchur powder( if not use tomato)
    • Ginger- Garlic Paste             
    • Cumin(Jeera) Powder
    • Coriander (Dhania) Powder
    • Turmeric
    • Red chili Powder
    • Garam Masala
    • Oil
    • Salt
Method -Cut Brinjal/eggplant into small pieces. Make pieces of potato.
Chopped brinjal, onion, potato
                   Heat oil into pan.  Add chopped onion once oil is hot. 
                   Put ginger-garlic paste. Add potato pieces into the pan. 
                   When potato is half cooked add brinjal into it.
                   Cook it till brinjal  and potato are soft. 
                   Add all powders cumin, coriander,turmeric,Red chili,
                   amchur( if amchur powder not available then add tomato pieces) 
                   and cook for few minutes. 
Chopped Tomatoes
                   Finally add garam masala and cook for 2-3 minutes. Garnish 
                   with chopped coriander leaves.
                   Mouth watering Alu baingan is ready.
Alu Baingan served with chappati (flat wheat bread)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment